View Single Post
Unread 04/10/2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Doostur
Registered Member

Red Ora Goniopora - Suggestions on flow, lighting, feeding, parameters?

Hi All

Been searching the forums and and opinions seem to be all over the place. Hoping for some insight here. I'll try to get updated pictures of my tank later this evening... this is the only picture I have to show placement.

Picked up a nice Red Ora Goniopora from my local fish store Friday night. As of Sunday evening it had not fully extended. It showed signs of it beginning to open very slightly but thats about it. At my local store, they were all fully extended and healthy. I have heard people saying it can take a week for them to open up. Some say move it around until its happy. Others day wait before moving since they hate being move around. I had it in a medium flow location with medium/medium low lighting. I just moved it to a medium/medium low flow spot, and now a solid medium lighting.

Currently have Torch, Hammer, and Elegance coral which are fully extended and doing very well. They all have been fully since putting them in my tank, and began to open up after 1-2 hours of being in tank.

Last checked paramters:

SG: 1.024
Phosphates: Under .25
Nitrate: 0
PH: 8.3- 8.4
Temp: 80

- 45g (36 x 13 x 24)
- Reef Breeders Photon V2 hung using brackets in medium position. Using their day simulation settings @ 30% power for all channels.

Doostur is offline   Reply With Quote