View Single Post
Unread 04/05/2018, 06:18 PM   #454
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells View Post
I have a question about my DC 150 also. I just moved my tank and reset the system. Prior to move, the skimmer was in 7 inches of water and nozzle open 4.25 runs. I cleaned my skimmer, pumps and dreambox since I was moving. I set it up the skimmer like prior. The skimmer is overflowed which I expected and is still overflowing 4 days later. I did put collection cup on it and pull the drain plug. I experimented with the set up and lowered water to 6 inches and closed nozzle to 1 turn. I was trying to see if I could stop the overflowing and start producing good foam. That only seemed to decrease some of the overflowing but nothing else. The only difference between the 2 systems is I added some more cured rock.

So I would like to know if you think the above settings are where I should start and let it settle down over the next week. Just want to get skimmer back to it normal good skimming

You could also try letting it overflow into a cup, pull the drain plug and run the overflow into a 5 gallon bucket. This is a trick I always do when I'm trying to pull out any meds/chemicals in the tank that overflows the skimmer after the treatment is done.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote