Thread: Balanophyllia
View Single Post
Unread 02/14/2010, 07:08 PM   #6
Aquabacs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western_reefer View Post
Wow! It totally blows that most of the NPC cost soooo much.
As with everything in this hobby. Some items the price will drop and others, the price stays consistant. For example, look at Odontanthias borbonius, a little over 2 years ago you would pay $500 and up to bring one into the country. Now, depending on where they come from, you can easily pick one up for under $200. That was a fish that the price dropped quicker than usual.

With NPS corals, there isn't a high demand for them. I have meen on many forums and to more aquarium stores than I can count, the amount of people keeping Azoox corals to LPS or SPS is a drastic difference. With the wholesalers I have spoke to, there isn't the demand to bring these corals in so they dont. There needs to be patience. In time, once reefkeepers catch on to keeping Azoox corals, improve husbandry, it will the next trend in reef keeping. No different from how SPS coral keeping broke out from the 90's. Everyone here, on this forum and other NPS forums, is helping lead the way for future reepkeepers.

Mike

FM UltraLith system since 7.3.08

Current Tank Info: 50 gallon rimless non-photosynthetic
Aquabacs is offline   Reply With Quote