View Single Post
Unread 11/02/2012, 07:59 AM   #21
barjam
Registered Member

I have a different opinion on a few things. I wanted a picture frame look and front access would have killed that so I didn't include it. I don't really miss it to be honest. Aquascaping is harder but with my wife acting as a spotter it wasn't bad. Playing corals is relatively easy. This is a standard 120 a bigger tank would probably need front access.

Also this is my third in wall in the same spot (upgraded from 75 to 90 to 120). Sealing or any special wall treatment is pointless in my setup. My stand and the area around it is unsealed other than the sheet of plywood the tank sits on. Occasional saltwater drips on a 2x4 or plywood is harmless. My fish room is in an open part of my unfinished basement and has decent cross ventilation (humidity is at most only a couple points over ambient). A big tank or closed fish room would definitely be a problem though.

Lighting is a problem. With the front sitting under the framing the max I could do with good reflectors was 2 lumen-something-or-others centered over the tank and one 54 watt t5 sitting under the front 2x4 header. The t5 is basically so the fish can see as people are rarely home when just it is on.

barjam is offline   Reply With Quote