View Single Post
Unread 01/17/2009, 09:00 AM   #94
BeanAnimal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EnglishRebel
Bean
I have a couple of basic questions so I can finish my plumbing design. I will have a 60" long tank with a 48" long x 12" high x 6" deep external overflow. I intend to have three 1-1/2" BeanAnimal standpipes exiting through the bottom of the overflow (so I can position my tank as close to the wall as possible). My tank is upstairs and the sump is in the basement equipment room so I have only a single 1-1/2" drain pipe.
Questions:[list=1][*]Will plumbing the three standpipes into a single 1-1/2" drain line defeat the purpose of your design?[*]Does it matter what order the standpipes are in relation to the direction of flow in the single 1-1/2" drain line (I need to have the valved standpipe first with the other two downstream)?[/list=1] Thanks
There are too many variables to predict exactly how the system will perform. As I mentioned above, it will likely not perform as expected. The single 1.5" pipe will cause the open channel and siphon standpipes to interact in an inwanted way. Many of the fail-safe features of the overflwo will be rendered useless.

BeanAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote