View Single Post
Unread 12/14/2012, 10:20 PM   #91
karimwassef
Registered Member

I've added new garage door seals and foam at the corners. There is a small attic area between the garage ceiling and roof on the side away from te tank. There is little insulation there but I was planning on adding a solar powered venting fan in the summer.

Running the HVAC is an idea I've toyed with but I would need a duct A/C contractor since I am not sure where all my duct work is. I can see running the necessary ductwork in the little attic if there was a place to tap into it nearby.

I have three more cooling options: the first is the chiller which I have facing and very close to one of the garage doors in an attempt to keep the hot air as far as possible from the tank. Cutting a vent opening in the external stucco wall is intimidating. I wave a window in the garage but it's on the opposite side and the water lines would need to go to the ceiling and back down.

The second is the titanium cooling lines that I have buried 2 feet down in my back yard. It's about 160 feet of 3/4" tubing. I have no idea if it'll have much benefit but it's an experiment....

The third is a window A/C unit... More money, noise, ongoing cost... Not sure if it'll be very aesthetically pleasing from the outside either.

karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote