View Single Post
Unread 11/30/2017, 08:38 PM   #6
Orr2003
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephrant View Post
Best of luck!

Can you be a bit more specific on how much live phyto and paste you added?
Thanks Zephrant. If you are referring to the rotifers I feed both buckets which are about 4 gallons full around 1 ml of the Nanno concentrate twice a day. A couple hours before I feed the rotifers to the fry I pull 2 quarts from each bucket and put that into a clean bucket. So about a gallon total of the rotifer cultures go into a new bucket and in that bucket I add a cup each of Tetra and Iso to enrich the rotifers before feeding them to the fry tank. I have been doing this twice a day so far which means I am harvesting about 25% daily from the main rotifer cultures and then just replace with newly made saltwater. When the culture buckets start to get nasty from buildup I am just going to pull most of the culture water and put it in new clean buckets and then clean the 2 used buckets for the next swap. So I have four 5g buckets total with only two of them going at once. I've only had the rotifer cultures going for a little over a week so far and they are about ready to switch to clean buckets.