View Single Post
Unread 02/28/2009, 11:17 PM   #21
Soundwave
Registered Member

troylee: The spacing of the modules is 2 feet. I centered them on each side of the 4ft tank.

dtech: The par skyrockets with optics. The problem, as mentioned is that it creates a spotlight effect and more LEDs would be needed to get the coverage, hence, not using them.

ChknWing: I need to get a kill a watt to find the actual usage. By all estimates with the LEDs and their requirements, this whole fixture should be using less than 175 watts while putting out more light than two 175 watt halides.

stugray: I don't want to even try to remove one of the stars. Not until one dies, anyway. The screw method works just fine but you have to be careful that no screw touches the leads and grounds the whole thing out. Also, I can't even imagine drilling and tapping that many holes!

skunkmere: Better than 175 watt halides.

Doahh: See above.

robert bell: I forgot to mention that I am using a sheet of plexi to keep the water away from the fixture... my bad.

barderer: The spectrum doesn't really count with this. There is no red emitted from the LEDs like MH and T5/PCs.

Canoe: I'm not getting that crazy with this. Maybe on the next fixture. The heatsinks stay completely cool with the fans. Also, if this thing lasts 5 years, it has paid for itself.

I hope I answered to all. Thanks for the interest!