Thread: Tunze nano mod
View Single Post
Unread 02/17/2007, 12:09 PM   #109
Beenalongtime79
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jacmyoung
I must admit even the Tunze nano is too large for my taste, but it is the smallest so I will have to settle with that.

The 6025 mod reported to produce 200gph more flow, which basically makes it a 6045. The mod is only a five minute job so not that bad. The mod only void the warranty on the cover which is a $10 part. The rest two-year warranty stands. And of course there is this unparalleled Tunze customer service reputation.

Take all the above into consideration the Tunze is in fact a great deal, the 6025 at least.
I totally disagree with your statement... I wouldn't mention to the customer service rep that you did the mod since that does affect the performance of the pump. After all, it wasn't DESIGNED to push 1000+ gph. The engineers designed it to push only 660-730gph.

It's like this, you can take the radiator fan off of your car and run your engine. It won't run long that way and you'll do a lot of damage to your car. I don't think you could then put the fan back on and say that you didn't void the warranty by doing that. It's the same with this product. Another good analogy is overclocking/overdriving CPUs on your computer or graphics cards. By messing around with the setting and not adequately placing better cooling measure in place, you basically are screwed if the thing breaks. Whether you confess this to the manufacturer is up to you... but what you did is you voided the warranty once you started trying to modify the original design.

So, if you mod it and break it, I would buy a new face screen and then report it as broken without mentioning the mod. It's dishonest, but hey at least you didn't "void" the warranty.

Peace,
John

Beenalongtime79 is offline   Reply With Quote