Thread: Tunze nano mod
View Single Post
Unread 02/17/2007, 04:17 PM   #110
jacmyoung
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rufio173
I totally disagree with your statement... I wouldn't mention to the customer service rep that you did the mod since that does affect the performance of the pump. After all, it wasn't DESIGNED to push 1000+ gph. The engineers designed it to push only 660-730gph.

It's like this, you can take the radiator fan off of your car and run your engine. It won't run long that way and you'll do a lot of damage to your car. I don't think you could then put the fan back on and say that you didn't void the warranty by doing that. It's the same with this product. Another good analogy is overclocking/overdriving CPUs on your computer or graphics cards. By messing around with the setting and not adequately placing better cooling measure in place, you basically are screwed if the thing breaks. Whether you confess this to the manufacturer is up to you... but what you did is you voided the warranty once you started trying to modify the original design.

So, if you mod it and break it, I would buy a new face screen and then report it as broken without mentioning the mod. It's dishonest, but hey at least you didn't "void" the warranty.

Peace,
John
Except Roger at Tunze already confirmed the only warranty voided on this mod would be the screen. Wonder why I called it good service.

As far as intended use as designed, my feeling is there is little if any difference in the drive units between a 6025 and a 6045. In fact Roger described the differences between the two, the only visible differences are a shorter inside tube (which the mod on the 6025 would achieve) and a tap to stop the propeller and correct the flow.

In another word the 6025 is a 6045 with flow restricted so it can be used in a nano tank. Also a 6045 may have some other minor enhancement to justify the extra $30.

jacmyoung is offline   Reply With Quote