View Single Post
Unread 02/15/2018, 06:38 PM   #11
Dean Ladd
Registered Member

OP, I know you have already determined a Hogfish is not for you but I think any additional info will help others that come across this thread. I have a (Bodianus sepiacaudus). This is suppose to be the least aggressive one. Note Hogfish are wrasses. Mine is in a 135 with a Purple Tang, Coral Beauty, Small Niger Trigger, Blood Red Hawkfish and a common Percula Clown Fish hosted by a RBTA. All of these fish are pretty pushy. The tang is the King and it jesters are the Angel and Niger. The clown protects it RBTA with authority. The hawkfish is a loner with an attitude. I was actually concerned about adding the Hogfish since it is not an inexpensive fish. After a day of posturing from the tank mates the Hogfish settled in with the crew and can hold it own against anyone of the other fish. It is never out looking for a fight but if one of the other fish tries to push it around it will not run and hide. It likes doing it own thing. This fish loves to swim. It is always out and about searching for a meal from one end of the tank to the other. I have a new 72x30x24 glass tank ordered because my 135 feels a bit crowded and I would like to add a fairy or a Flasher wrasse to the system. I'll see how that works out when the day comes.

Current Tank Info: 135 gal reef (retired 04/2018 after 18 years) Upgrade to 215 gal DT mostly soft and lps
Dean Ladd is offline   Reply With Quote