Thread: 150 build
View Single Post
Unread 01/01/2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Waddleboy
Registered Member

150 build

First off. HAPPY NEW YEAR !

But onto important matters. I am starting a build on a 150 gallon tank with 3/4" glass. The tank could be rimless but i think i am going to leave it as that much water scares me. Dimensions 72x18x28. Plan is for fowlr with closed loop circulation. i am thinking a 55 gallon sump with a refugium in it. Lighting will be t5. I will use a mag 18 as a return.

Sorry i dont have pictures yet and this wont be a super quick build as med school is keeping my slightly busy at the moment but as soon as i get updates i will share.

I am slightly nervous about drilling through 3/4" glass, anyone does this? I am sure there are some out there. I want to drill 1.5 in holes for the overflow and 5 1 " holes for the closed loop.

The overflow will be a small coast to coast on the inside of the tank which connects to a an external overflow to minimize space taken up in the tank. I will run a bean animal design. With the internal overflow should i use teeth or make a slot in the overflow to draw off water? ive read mixed opinions on both

Equipment i have:
Tank
stand
mag 18

Equipment I need (please voice opinion):
Protein skimmer - SRO 3000
lighting 72" t5 with 8 or 12 bulbs still unsure
gfo/carbon - brs dual container do i need this?
ato - jbj controller with aqua lifter pump maybe if i dont go RKL
controller - i dont know if i want one or need one for a fowlr tank. opinions? maybe RKL
100lbs lr to start
2" sand bed tank
5" sand bed refugium
Heaters - 2x 500 watt Finnex titanium
Closed loop pump - panworld 200ps or Panworld 250ps. This is my first closed loop so i really need help with this and choosing the pump i need

I think that is most of it. Its exciting as a just built my 90 about 10 weeks ago so this is exciting to do it again. Advice and opinions always appreciated!

Waddleboy is offline   Reply With Quote