View Single Post
Unread 10/10/2018, 10:11 AM   #11
SaltWaterGuy08
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I tend to be lazy when it comes to maintenance. A couple years without cleaning and pumps become coraline rocks that create waves. The coraline gets so thick on the cover that I have to soak the pumps in vinegar just to get the cover off so I can take them completely apart. It was almost a shame to clean this one. It looked really cool and blended right in the rocks around it. That is solid coraline an inch or so thick protruding off the front of the power head. It was a nightmare to clean. LOL

I have my Tunze’s wires routed through bulkheads in my tank so the wires can’t be see and it makes cleaning a bit more of a chore as I have to do it on top of the tank as opposed to outside.
Was the flow still strong with all that coraline on the pump ? Quick question do you have any suggestions on green hair algae. My tank has been running for 4-5 years and I just removed all of it right now in one of my videos. Anything I should know so it won’t come back . I was dealing with it for like a month

SaltWaterGuy08 is offline   Reply With Quote