Thread: Soft hydroids
View Single Post
Unread 08/04/2012, 02:47 PM   #34
SushiGirl
Premium Member

Any updates on the hydrogen peroxide dips that were tried? I have the very fine hydroids like Rokle plus digitate hydroids & am trying to transfer some corals from the reef tank with them to a clean coral growout tank, with a 10 gallon coral QT tank in between in which I can ensure treatment works before introduction into the new tank.

I cruised the seahorse forum & they all recommend a dewormer that is not reef safe, as it stays in the rock/frags for a long time, continuing to kill some inverts. I'm not looking to use any kind of lingering insecticides.

There is no way that I can sit with tweezers and a magnifying glass for hours trying to pull these off #1 because I had back surgery a little over a week ago, #2 because I only have 2 hands, and #3 because they are so very tiny & whispy.

Corals we specifically want to move are one frag of zoas, a frag of clove polyps, frag-plug sized chalice, a single eye can, a couple of bird's nest SPS, and a small piece of monti cap from a larger piece that really needs some saving.

I've also had a hard time in the past finding proper dilution numbers on the forums, so that would be helpful. With critters I can guess by them falling off, not so with hydroids.

Any help would be appreciated.

Current Tank Info: 55g softy/LPS tank & 20L reef tank
SushiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote