View Single Post
Unread 02/11/2005, 11:32 AM   #15
mcox33
Registered Member

I got it last april for my bithday.
I've had it almost a year now and it doesn't really drop babies anymore unless I move it around ( it dropped 2 after a total tank redo last month- you know take
all the rock out of tank and rebuild the wall I haven't taken any pictures since but here is a picture of the tank before the rebuild)

It is in my 90 gallon tank

Wet/dry sump filter with cap 2200 pump recently upgraded to
tidepool II with a mag 7 I think Possible just mag 5

each back corner has a 320 gph circulation pump

running a 9 Watt UV 24/7
and the
Jebo Quad protien skimmer with the pump supplied with the skimmer

just this week added the ozonator 10 to the air inlet of the protien skimmer
I have approximately 300 - 400 hundred pounds of live rock (160 reef bones, the rest came from a S. Carolina beach low tide inside water line)
no fuge at least not yet

Lighting is 8 X 55 watts each PC's and 2 are actinic the rest 10K
and
1 X T-12 100% True Actinic 40 watt 48 inch bulb

feeding

I feed a mix our lfs's coral guru devised made from crushed marine flakes soaked in water let settle skim the liquid add reef plus and invert food (seachem I think)
and sometimes frozen brine shrimp

I feed this about 3 times per week sometimes more often sometimes less often

Actually our club and LFS called it the mystery coral until the LFS guru figured it out and he had a frag of it that he used to make this determination.
He seems real sure that it is dendro

As for spawning yes I'm sure that is what it was. The two of them wrapped their tentacles together and then from those wrapped tentencles the cloud
of smokey looking stuff started raising up through the water a few weeks later I started finding small ones that were to far away and to small to have dropped off
the original colony there is no other explanation. to bad I was to afraid of missing the event to get the digital video camera
It was just a cheapo and probably wouldn't have caught the cloud anyway

Current Tank Info: 90 Saltwater Reef, 2 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 65 watt PC, 1 x 24 watt 48" T-5 + 4 blue led's, Dual chamber MRC Calcium Reactor, Huge DIY Kalkwasser reactor (made by someone else) Auto Top Off and Aquatecture Plus Skimmer
mcox33 is offline   Reply With Quote