View Single Post
Unread 09/13/2017, 02:51 AM   #29
Nixy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
If you are looking to use it for Astrophotograhy you may want to reconsider the Sony and look at Nikon. Apparently Sony has some algorithm that dulls stars with longer exposures (https://petapixel.com/2017/05/04/sta...rophotography/ .

I think the Canon 6D is well regarded in the Astro world so I am surprised you didn;t go that route. I think the mirrorless world hype with regards to the A7RII (and much more expensive A9) comes down to stuff like DR, but also the resolution, and AF that can lock onto the eye. I wouldn't think most of those attributes would be desirable really for Astro work but I don't do any of that so may be off.

If you want fast AF and tracking and a camera that is perfect for Astro photography look no further than the Olympus EM1 Mark II. It's an absolutely brilliant camera and is considered a professional mirrorless. It has a function called Live Composite that takes star trail photography to a new level!

Another spectacular mirrorless camera is the Panasonic GH5. If you are also interested in video this is the one for you.

You have so many fantastic lens choices for these cameras and you can use both brands on either model, increasing your choices.

Nikon and Canon are quite late to the mirrorless game and I'm sure they will catch up but I wouldn't recommend either brand right now--if you're considering the mirrorless switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Just sitting and watching my tank like it's a TV."

Current Tank Info: 16G Nano Reef. Started 7-22-2017
Nixy is offline   Reply With Quote