View Single Post
Unread 01/03/2011, 03:34 PM   #8
abrian
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeldarbj View Post
I've had a lot of trouble getting growth and color in my new tank. My first tank, I was able to follow the KISS method. I just dosed BRS 3 part, nothing else, and I had great color and growth - no reactors, no carbon. I started over after a move, and my KISS method from before didn't work at all. I've found success with the Zeovit system, but passively. No stones, no reactor. I started using some of their products to battle dinos and cyano - and it worked!!! I was using Bak, Coral Snow, and Zeozyme. As I started to see improvements and did more reading, I started using Coral Vitalizer, Pohl's Xtra, Sponge Power, and PIF. I started to see much better colors and even some new growth.

If you wanted to try some, I'd start with alternating days dosing Coral Vitalizer (4-5 drops/day) and Pohl's Xtra (4-5 ml / day) and see what you think. I'm about to start daily amino dosing too. Yes, it seems expensive but it goes a long way. Say $45 for 50 ml's of Coral Vitalizer, but at 5 drops/day, every other day, it will last just over a year.
That is very interesting Brad. Your tank pre-move was an inspiration in success with simplicity and I wonder why the same recipe didn't work on your new tank. Based on your recommendation here I am going to check out the Coral Vitalizer and Pohl's Xtra to learn more about them. My tank is doing ok and my colors are good, but I am getting nothing like the growth I would like.

abrian is offline   Reply With Quote