View Single Post
Unread 06/24/2018, 02:41 PM   #465
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQuinn View Post
I Have a Bubbleking Mini 180 that I bought new from you. This skimmer was a little loud when I first got it and it is slowly getting louder. It has a terrible vibration that is easily heard thru the basement and first floor. If I removed the air it is silent. Once air is added it gets a terrible vibration. I have checked the bushing in the rear multiple times. I have taken this skimmer apart multiple times and I am extremely frustrated. How loud is this skimmer supposed to be, as I thought Bubblekings were supposed to be quiet. I need to send this to you so you can look at this. I have had many skimmers thru the years, and this is one of the loudest. I also have a DC180 and that skimmer is silent.
It’s very odd that it’s silent when you don’t have the airline connected. How old is this skimmer? How deep is the water level in the sump? Only time I have encountered issues regarding vibrations has been when the screws that hold the motor base plate into the body are too loose or too tight such that the intake nozzle doesn’t align well through the hole in the body or if the bubble plate assembly ins’t centered and is instead off center and touching the body or if the bubble plate is loose and the upper plate is vibrating. That wouldn’t however account for your observation where it is silent without the airline connected though the vibrating bubble plate could be impacted by the addition of air. Do you have the ozone port on the pump capped off so it’s not pulling water in from the ozone port or have the red ozone tube connected and above water? When was the last time you cleaned the foam filter in the silencer?

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote