View Single Post
Unread 03/08/2008, 07:23 PM   #159
Red_Six
Registered Member

divemonster yes that Tiger Goby was a hitchhicker.

http://www.coralcorral.com/id19.html

Red City here is a link to the trap I made to catch my mantis. I had a mantis in my tank for close to two years. The villainous predator is responsible for eating numerous sails, crabs, abalone, fish and more in my tank. It was pretty discouraging to buy a bunch of snails and watch him pick them off one at a time. I am ecstatic that I finally caught him.

I first tried the trap over a year ago, but the mantis did not seem to be interested. I then tried a commercial trap that had the same success and was actually difficult to use and set. I gave up for a while but I finally decided to go back to the bottle trap once more and found that persistence paid off. After several nights with fresh bait he finally made it into the trap; I just used some raw shrimp after the lights went out. I put the bottle next to his favorite hole and left it there for a couple of hours each night and then voila.

I cut a slit in the end of the bottle to let the air out and I just used scotch tape to hold it together. Happy hunting.[

Last edited by Red_Six; 03/08/2008 at 07:36 PM.
Red_Six is offline   Reply With Quote