View Single Post
Unread 05/27/2019, 07:45 PM   #1
kizanne
Registered Member

HIdden Treasures

I breed fish but I"m a hobbyist. I want my tank to be interesting. I have found that I actually enjoy a tank with hidden surprises. Small things. Things you can discover. So I've made a peaceful tank. I know that experts say that you shouldn't do seahorses with anything else but ..... I've had it for 1 1/2 years and it's going pretty well.

I have a chiller which I consider to be essential to keeping the bacteria under control.

Here is my tank a 75 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump.

In this tank there are 4 erectus, 4 dragonface pipefish, 2 blue strip pipefish, 3 tangaroa gobies, 1 yasha, 3 pistol shrimp, 2 blood shrimp, 2 firefish, 2 coral crouchers, 2 babylonia formsa, several snails, some bristel worms, and lots of different kinds of algae. I also have a few ricordia, a manjano, 3 yellow sponges, a red mushroom, a few gorgorians.

Here's what happens when you go to feed them or sit patiently.

The big female seahorse is right in the middle. She is sticking her head our of the bottom of the tree stump in the middle of the 1st picture.

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote