Thread: Moving My Reef
View Single Post
Unread 09/09/2020, 08:39 PM   #1
pREEFERED
Registered Member

Moving My Reef

Hello All,

I wanted to see if anyone had some recommendations or could share their experience moving their reef tank.

I am going to be moving from the Bay Area to San Diego (~8 hour drive). I plan to breakdown my tank, and sell some of the live rock and livestock to lighten the load. For the remaining livestock and coral frags that I am going to keep, I have assistance with my LFS to professionally package and place in some styrofoam packing boxes I have saved from shipments I have received over the years, so they should be nice and secure. For the live rock that I am keeping that have encrusted coral colonies that I am trying to save as well, I plan on placing in 5 gallon buckets with an air-stone and battery powered bubbler which should maintain water movement. I was thinking of wrapping the buckets (2 probably) with towels to insulate them, but did anyone use another method to maintain temp? I don’t know if my plan will last the 8 hours...

Once I arrive in San Diego, I have a friend who will have Nutri-Seawater waiting for me, which I will use to setup the tank and heat before I return the coral/livestock to their home...

Would appreciate any insight/tips, well wishes, I’ll take ‘em all...Cheers and many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Reefer170
pREEFERED is offline   Reply With Quote