View Single Post
Unread 09/02/2010, 05:41 AM   #101
edandsandy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave71 View Post
Just my 2 cents.

I have never heard of blowing off red bugs from a coral without a preceding treatment e.g. Interceptor. Blowing them off alone is not a sole treatment option that I am familiar with.

Interceptor is generally considered the best treatment option, and the losses by most are deemed acceptable.

I do not have experience with dragon face pipe fish, but I have heard it may take time for them to settle into feeding on the red bugs. You will also need to consider compatability with other inhabitants, but you probably have already.
Thanks for your 2 cents
We have been putting this treatment off for a couple of weeks now. I think I have finally talked my husband into it. We are going to MACNA this weekend and wants to talk to a few speakers before we do this. I agreed with him, but in the same breath I said we might loose $100 in crabs but we are loosing a lot more $$$$$ in corals.

Current Tank Info: 375 Reef, 4) Radion LED lights X30 pro, Apex Fusion, Octo Regal 300 E Skimmer, GEO 618 Calcium Reactor 2) Reeflo Snapper pumps, 2)50g refugium, 2) MP 40's
edandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote