View Single Post
Unread 03/03/2018, 08:34 AM   #29
OrionN
Moved on

So far there is no color lost of my fish. The color intensify when he is excited. My Bluethroat is much more colorful now than when I first got him. Certainly most colorful when he flash. This is a rare treat for me. Since he is the only fairy wrasse in my tank, he only flash when I put a mirror on the tank. I cannot take picture easy when he is flashing since he is right up against the mirror and he is soooo fast.
I think in a larger tank, with other Fairy Wrasse, he will be a stunner. Below are two picture from yesterday when he was not excited and one when he is excited. Sorry for the poor picture but I use this to show the color, not how beautiful my wrasse is. It is hard to take picture of this fish, with a cell phone since I don't have my camera at work. The tank is my office tank.
IMO, the throat color is more of a state of mind of the fish rather than permanent colors that may loose due to inadequate nutrition in captivity.

Normal State

More Excited state

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BluethroatNormal.jpg (61.7 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg BluethroatExcited.jpg (46.2 KB, 241 views)

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote