View Single Post
Unread 05/28/2013, 09:49 AM   #7740
chingchai
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by budisetiawan View Post
Hi Mr Ching Chai, I have question about natural filtration, in my country naqtural filtration methods likely will defeat artificial methods, natural filtration mean used only natural methods, sump consist chaulerpa taxifolia and live rock and main tank consist fresh from the ocean still really wet is live rock and fresh from the ocean too live sand but surprisingly with this system the natural sps reef tank looking very nice pale color for the almost 6 months. Fish, lps and invert look very healthy. Maintenance only dosing ca,kh, and mg top off using tap water not ro with tds 70 ppm and water change 15 % monthly ONLY, without skimmer, phospate remover, carbon, additive and etc It's look like this system is not relevan with modern/berlin system. what do you think about this system, i don't want to compare or argue this system with todays system, i jusat wondering how this natural system can success keeping sps inlude deep water sps. for note : this man has 2 natural reef tank using same natural system , first tank 3 years old and second tank 6 months
I never try natural filtration system but I do believe it works well.
One of our local member also use this system and SPS in his tank is so healthy and has nice color.

chingchai is offline   Reply With Quote