View Single Post
Unread 08/20/2019, 07:02 PM   #2
Oldreeferman
Registered Member

Hello,
I just use a standard run of the mill magnifier myself that you can get anywhere, If your sight is good any mag strength will suffice, higher to a point isn't a bad investment tho. If they are smaller then you can see with your eyes or the eggs are smaller then you can detect then multiple dips will be necessary anyway to catch them after hatching but even eggs can usually be seen if you know what your looking for. Zooanthids ive heard are the worst for issues with pests but i don't have any due to the Palytoxin issues that may come with them as they do with palythoas. Ea. different species of coral have specific pests id recommend researching ea. coral you intend to buy & QT so you know what to look for specifically per ea. coral. But if you QT then yep in time you will know if another dip is necessary if eggs are involved otherwise the pests usually drop off on the first dip.

Current Tank Info: Nano Reef tank
Oldreeferman is offline   Reply With Quote