View Single Post
Unread 07/25/2005, 01:17 PM   #18
lillibirdy
Registered Member

I am a newb so I will not presume to suggest anything to a "master" but I have a 55g with two small islands that are big ol caves, and in between them is rubble. I really love the way it looks, (pic don't do it justice) and haven't had any real detritus problem. I have large CC and a reverse UGF, (but just recently reversed it), when it was running forward for last 7 months, I was vacuaming once a week, but didn't really dig into the rubble pile cause I was trying to get some pods to grow in there...just blew it off with a power head. I also had a hob and skimmer getting stuff up, and filtering small crapola outa the tanks. Only 5 fish, and only 5 snails and a emerald crab for clean up so far. And seems very stable, perams always good, and nitrates about 12-15, (no sump). I just turned the hob into a mini refugium (still have a filter pad at return) to see if I could get the Nitrates lower, might put a coral or two in there if I can achieve this.

I would love to see what others have done with rubble. I am finding no detritus problems, (so far so good).

Since pic taken, (6 wks ago) added surface skimmer box to Remora pro...and reversed the UGF...

lillibirdy is offline   Reply With Quote