View Single Post
Unread 05/03/2011, 10:31 PM   #161
nightOwl
Premium Member

General - Updates

Water Testing - New Tank
I got my water test back and seems I am still in the cycle. I went ahead and had them test for more than just ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. Below are the results. So far I have only performed one 20 gallon water change with the new tank since 4/6 so other levels seem pretty low. I have only been topping off the water with RODI so I am wondering where I am getting the phosphate from so early.

New Tank
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 50+ ppm
Nitrate = 8 ppm
Alkalinity = 2.4
Calcium = 384
Phosphate = 0.10
Magnesium = 1110

Apex
I sent the display unit back to Curt to have them upgrade the firmware as I was having some issues. They should have received it yesterday. Right now the whole system is dead in the water. I am running it the old fashioned way with just a power strip. While trying to clean up my modules I deleted the wrong module and now it is not a happy camper. I feel so archaic having used a controller on my larger tanks for so long. As I was trying to configure things I am running into cases where there is functionality that is available on the display, but not on the web interface. I find this to be very annoying and frustrating. I.E. not being able to change the administrator credentials, changing clock format from 12 to 24, reset the system, etc. I was thinking that I would be able to free myself from making adjustments at the tank but I am finding out that is not the case.
New Kid - UV Sterilizer
There are boxes and then there are boxes. When I arrived home on Friday I thought I had ordered a mini rocket launcher by looking at the size of the box. The packing was pretty good and I am awaiting a couple of questions to be answered by Emperor Aquatics before I install the unit. The unit ships with a bushing that reduces the input down to 3/4" before the busing is installed it has a 1-1/2" input and output. This thing is huge! The measurements are 43.75" x 3.5". I have not decided where I will mount it. I am thinking redoing my plumbing and putting it on the back of the tank plumbed in with the return.

Hopefully this will keep ich and algae outbreaks at bay during the new tank start up. I never like any of them in the first place .

UV

What's in the Box

VHO Installation - Main tank - Complete
So I finally got around to completing the addition of VHO and moonlights to my lighting rig. I am loving the rivet gun. I had to order some new cords so I placed an order on Sat and the should be here Friday.

Rivet Gun

Rivets

Initial Wiring

VHOs Installed

Moon Lights

Moon Light Holder

Moon Light Installed