Thread: Amphipods
View Single Post
Unread 01/13/2018, 07:05 PM   #1
kizanne
Registered Member

Amphipods

So if you had a full grown erectus, how many adult amphipods a day do you think they would eat? Say 3/8" to 5/8" amphipods.

From what I've read they eat 5 to 14 mysid a day the amphipods are about the same size as the hakari mysid but smaller than the PE mysid.

Also on one thread someone said their horses were eating ghost shrimp They must mean mysid right cause grass shrimp are too big right? no way they can do grass shrimp (though any baby grass shrimp)....

Mine are trained onto frozen mysid but I like to offer live foods to keep them happy and naturally entertained. Also that way if I go out of town I trust live foods way more than untrained people feeding my tanks.

I'm currently culturing amphipods just wondering what those of you with erectus and experience think the daily consumption would be (assuming no frozen food like on vacation).

Current Tank Info: 120 gallon seahorse/flame angel/sharknose/pipefish tank. 30 gallon grow out, misc. other tanks
kizanne is offline   Reply With Quote