Thread: Anemone dying
View Single Post
Unread 06/10/2018, 09:35 PM   #5
d9bailey
Registered Member

Tank has been running for roughly 3 weeks. Under advisement from my lfs I used dr Tim’s to start the tank and stability daily to help it get cycled with fish in it. I put in 2 clowns after a week and had no signs of ammonia in my tank (according to the API test kit which I later found out is inaccurate). Then I put in a coral beauty and a 2” blue hippo tang, and 2 cleaner shrimp and still had no signs of ammonia. Then I put in three 1” green chromis and a diamond goby and then all of a sudden I had ammonia,and 2 chromis died, one I didn’t find until taking out all of the rock. Just tested the ammonia and it is sitting at 0.05ppm which is way down and I’m happy about (I got some cycled media from a local frag dealer and it’s been such a saviour).

So I’m sure it will all sort itself out in the next few days, I’m just wondering if this anemone will be ok or if I should get rid of it. I’ve heard that once they die they can just crash your whole system and that I am for sure trying to avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d9bailey is offline   Reply With Quote