Thread: Reef Bommie
View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2017, 05:05 PM   #182
yano
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydemmel4 View Post
very nice tank

what clean up crew do you have to keep your rocks and sand what looks completely clean? Or do you take pictures right after a water change?
Thanks. No water change or cleaning, Iīve a good clean up crew (enough nerites snails, clibanarius tricolor and pagurites cadenati hermit crabs and any turbo, snail, nassarius snails and 2 strombus, 2 holoturia atra) but the main cause of tank cleaning are its low nutrientes but maintaining the biological balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktorfisch View Post
Colorful corals, clean and beautiful sand. Amazing that clean rock!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
Nice growth n color! Do you trust that Regal with your sps!?!
Regal angel cause less polyp extension in SPS corals, but no issues damages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
How do you keep the system so clean, can you share your filtration method, skimmer? carbon dosing?
No carbon dosing required, my fish stock is very low (regal angel fish and 4 pair of gobies)...only live rock and low skimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktorfisch View Post
And why the coralline is not covering the rocks. Is it top secret? :-)
I,ve never had a big growth of coraline algae in this tank...I think that itīs caused by strong lighting (12 T5 tubes lamp) and low nutrients.
It is curious as in the glasses (where the light does not come so directly) if there is a strong growth of coralline algae, although light pink. Every 2 months I step a blade to clean the rear glass for this reason.