View Single Post
Unread 04/09/2005, 11:50 AM   #156
melev
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by aqua5
i read those but i am still confused what the pins are for?are they top hold the 2 pieces in place?it says 1 pin every 6 inches but if you are doing a small sump could you do more?also once the top of the sump is glued on (so it looks like a box) how do you route it so it looks like it has "trim" work on the inside of the sump or a "lip" on it?

do you just put a pin half way inbetween the acrylic?like if it was 1/4" you would put the pin approx 1/8" up?where do you apply the glue?
I do not want to appear rude, but did you look at the pictures on Page 1 of this thread? That is exactly why I gave you this link. Those pictures Zephrant put up are worth thousands of words.

And I told you in a PM to look at this page to see how the lip was routed out. I have 3 or 4 images that help you visualize how it was accomplished.

http://www.melevsreef.com/tools.html

It isn't that I don't want to help, but I get a lot of email and PMs on this topic, so I referred you to the information that is available rather than typing it all out yet again.

melev is offline   Reply With Quote