View Single Post
Unread 08/16/2020, 08:37 AM   #90
hhaase
Registered Member

I'm tired of buckets for water changes. So I've started to order parts to semi-automate the system. I also want to start using my larger water tank for ATO, instead of a 5 gallon can that I have to drag around to fill every three days.

The biggest piece for that is another powerbar for the Profilux, so I can mount it in my water room. This way I can control the ATO pump over there. It'll also give me some additional expansion room in the water room for other stuff as well.

I've also got a pair of Hygger ATO pumps on the way. I know they're not a high-end brand, but they're set up like sump pumps in that they can draw water down extremely low in the sump/change tanks to maximize my water change volume. I'll keep looking for a more reputable pump with a similar setup, but these will work for now. I'll use one to pump water out of the sump into the nearby sink, and another too pump the water from the mix tank to the sump. Eventually I'll tie these into the profilux but I do need to do some plumbing changes under the sink to make this happen. One step at a time.

I also need to swap which tank I'm using for which type of water. Currently the upper tank is the RO/DI tank, since I can just open a valve and water flows out through a hose. But I need to make the lower tank my RO/DI tank, to prevent it from siphoning into the sump. This means I also need yet another pump for pumping water OUT of that when I need to move it around. I'll still use the aqualifter for ATO purposes I think. I do have a Lifegard pump already for just that purpose, I just need to plumb it in. I'll start working on that today I think.

-Hans

Current Tank Info: Slowly stocking up 150 gallons, only a little livestock right now.

Last edited by hhaase; 08/16/2020 at 08:48 AM.
hhaase is offline   Reply With Quote