View Single Post
Unread 09/05/2020, 09:15 AM   #94
hhaase
Registered Member

A bit of long term water testing results.

My dKH is staying pretty much right at 8.5 with the current dosing schedule, which is a good sign. Calcium is really not being consumed at all yet, the last couple of tests came out at 460ppm. So it's down from that 520+ peak that I saw a while back while I was dosing Kalk but seems stable now. With the low stocking of stony corals and no coraline growth yet I'm not surprised. I still have no need yet for calcium dosing.

But I just can't get the Ph levels to rise above 7.8 at all. I'm probably not going to chase it though, since it's extremely stable. When my dosing tank runs empty though I may try converting my baking soda into soda ash instead. Might be the better choice for this tank.

I also added a sarcopyhton about two weeks ago, and I have a feeling it's going to be a strong grower. I'm going to try later today to get some new photos and a whole tank shot. But in general the livestock all appear to be doing well. I'll continue the trend of slowly adding livestock and have a few other thing I'm looking for at the local shops.

-Hans

Current Tank Info: Slowly stocking up 150 gallons, only a little livestock right now.
hhaase is offline   Reply With Quote