View Single Post
Unread 07/26/2004, 03:06 PM   #41
copps
Premium Member

Speaking for myself, I have no hermit crabs, just snails in this particular tank. I also have a peppermint hogfish in this system, so no shrimp anyway for me.

It should be no surprise that regals don't bother sps corals. However, I would be surprised if somebody is able to keep zoanthids with theirs.

As with many things in this hobby mixing certain angels with certain "corals" is a risk, but if properly researched it's a CALCULATED risk. As I mentioned before, I removed all the zoanthids I could to another system before adding the regal after reading how they loved zoanthids. This was a good idea as all the remaining ones were quickly picked clean (with the exception of parazoanthus yellow polyps). All of my clams remain as happy as clams.

I'm curious, for those of you with regals, what have they eaten and what have they left alone?

For me...

Eaten: Zoanthids

Left alone: sps, all five species of T. clams, ricordia (yuma and florida), fungia, parazoanthus (yellow polyps)

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.
Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one we’re talking about.

Current Tank Info: displays are 1300 gallon SPS (8.5' x 6' x 42"), 240 gallon anemone, and 350 gallon fish only
copps is offline   Reply With Quote