View Single Post
Unread 07/07/2017, 05:03 PM   #13
ThRoewer
Registered Member

I would think Jordan could get them. And he treats his fish with antibiotics which is quite important with wild clowns.

Two weeks ago I found two nice wild Irian Jaya percula at AC (2 of 3 survivors of a larger shipment). One of them looked not too good but since they are hard to find and because this one hat a nice coloration I took a chance. By the time I had them home that one was breathing so fast that a formalin bath was out of the question. I didn't have much hope and kind of expected him to kick the bucket during the night, but decided to try a treatment with Bactrim (Septra) which had worked for me before for wild percula back in Germany.
Additionally to that I put them straight into hyposalinity, initially at a salinity of 1.016.
The next morning, the one I had already written off as loss was fine, breathing normal and eating ok. The other one had a bit stringy poo but was otherwise ok.
With the water change that day I lowered the salinity to 1.009 and gave them another dose of antibiotics.
The second one developed some lesions that looked like beginning Uronema or a bacterial infection. Since the fish behaved fine and didn't seem to be too much bothered I just continued the treatment and it hasn't gotten worse but rather started to heal. Both are eating like crazy now, but may still need some treatment against intestinal infections - rather bacterial than worms, so I will try metro first.
Right now I'm pretty hopeful that both will be fine... which brings me to the next problem: which tank to put them in

Current Tank Info: 200 gal 4 tank system (40x28x24 + 40B + 40B sump tank + 20g refugium) + 30x18x18 mixed reef + 20g East Pacific biotop + 20g FW +...
ThRoewer is offline   Reply With Quote