View Single Post
Unread 03/26/2019, 03:42 PM   #6
h3dgehog
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
For the type of solution you are talking about such as kalk, you would need to mix it with regularity such as swirling the container. Personally, I wouldn't use it for Kalk as I would instead opt for a kalk container with a built in mixer/stirrer or I would add a kalk stirrer to the lid. Those that do use it for that kind of solution swirl their container daily which is a pain if you ask me.

Going back to the internal/in sump installation, the container will float as soon as the level is lower in the container than it is in the sump. As such, I wouldn't recommend it for internal use regardless of if it fits unless you weigh it down somehow or keep it full 24/7 which kind of defeats the purpose.

As for the outlet. The hole shown in the top below is 10mm and there is that red pipe shown in the photos above that is inside that hole. You drop your 1/4" or 6mm dosing tubing down into that hole all the way to the bottom of the container. The red pipe that extends down to the bottom of the container acts as a conduit or channel for the dosing tube to slide through. The dosing tubing is much smaller than the inside diameter of that red pipe so the pipe/hole in the lid also acts as a vent as there is space between the dosing tubing and the inside of the pipe. If there was a connection for the tubing on the top of the container, another hole would be needed to vent the container. Otherwise when fluid is removed from the container, a vacuum would be formed inside the container. As such, the single hole with the red pipe in it is dual purpose.

See the hole in the lid below.. You simply stick the tubing that's connected to your doser down that hole through the pipe until it hits the bottom. This makes it easy to fill or clean the container because the tubing slips in and out through the lid and you can use virtually any kind of dosing tubing.

Resurrecting this old thread... (:

So if I were to push my dosing line through the top hole, how does it connect with the red tube part? Is the red tube part connected to the top hole in any way via push connect?