View Single Post
Unread 02/01/2009, 03:29 PM   #3
noahm
Registered Member

I will keep posting as I take more pics. The MH def make for a better shot than the actinics. I have noticed a few things so far.

I modded my koralia 4s with the MJ 1600 upgrade (black prop/magnet) and it easily doubled the flow. I have them basically pointing a little upward and it is plenty. I noticed that a few things come out depending on whether it is calm or not, so I have decided to put them on timers so one is on at night, one during the day and about 2 hrs of overlap morn and evening. The variety seems to let stuff settle for the sand critters, then when the two are on at once, kicks up detritus for the filter feeders.

I have at least two mantis shrimp. They'll pose for me until I get ready to take the pic. I have banished at least one gorilla to the sump. I have several porcelain crabs, but seem to be moonlight critters. I am enjoying the mantis so far, so I probably wont set the trap for a day or so.

Other than that, my wife and I are very pleased so far. My eyes hurt from looking for so long. I will try to keep the pics coming. Maybe I should put the doors and ends on the stand as well. I'm sure that will become priority soon.

Thanks again all and especially Richard.

Noah

noahm is offline   Reply With Quote