View Single Post
Unread 03/27/2018, 06:46 PM   #7
ctroms
Registered Member

Rayjay
“ know of nothing in animal husbandry that will contribute to success at keeping seahorses but hopefully there will be something that helps.”

Animal Husbandry- the science of breeding and caring for farm animals.

Isn't aquaculture farming? What is the percentage of aquacultured seahorses currently in the hobby? 80-90% on the conservative side.

“I have no experience with peppermint shrimp larvae as the only shrimp I had in them was cleaner shrimp that ended up being torn apart and eaten by two of the female H. reidi.
I suspect the pep larvae should not be food for the seahorses as adults because over fifteen years of seahorses I found most wouldn't even entertain even baby brine shrimp.
The do however take to enriched adult artemia...”

You do realize what you said here right? They tore apart an adult but shouldn't be feed larva?
Peppermint shrimp larva are reared on artemia and baby brine shrimp @ week 2, P.S.L. are larger and faster moving.(reef keeping mag.)

Do want to say thank you for your filter experiences & preferences.

Vlangel
Thank you exactly what I was looking for, also thanks for including flow rates in tank. I have an over-rated skimmer but not as large as what your running. Also seriously considering getting much larger return as well. With tank sizes being similar I think this is a great frame for the system. Thanks again.

Kizanne
Thanks for the info on the temp situation. I live in the north & we still have plenty of snow on the ground and are still skiing, so I will need a heater. I would still be interested in your filter system & pro's and con's.

ctroms is offline   Reply With Quote