View Single Post
Unread 11/01/2010, 01:16 PM   #23
Gotcha!
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasants9 View Post
which seems more effective, the aiptasia eating nudibranchs or the filefish? I have a puffer so the peppermint shrimp is out of the question.
The filefish. Good luck if you choose the nudibranches. Mine never helped much but after getting the filefish the problem was solved in a couple of weeks and then brine shrimp and mysis was all it would eat. I lost my filefish reciently, however, after upgrading my system to an elos 120 with aquatop LED. My filefish, Somehow, found its way out the side of the aquatop and landed on the carpet and we all know what happened then. Very sad day. I would recommend this fish for anyones aptasia issues and watch the fish for a while. I used to use Joes juice and things like that and wonder why I ever even did that. These little filefish are great. I will be looking for a pair soon to replace my lost fish yet I have no more aptasia in the system to entice the godly feeding habits these little filefish have and trust me my aptasia problem was real bad until I added this filefish. After that I would recommend this approach as long as you monitor the filefish for a while. They also seem to be super friendly to all other fish.

I also have 2 pepermint shrimp females and they never hardly touched any aptasia. I would not recommend them for control of your problem.

Gotcha! is offline   Reply With Quote