View Single Post
Unread 07/24/2016, 04:50 PM   #92
Tanthaitrung
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Reefman View Post
Set your initial power levels low and adjust them to a color (shade of white/blue) you like. I'd suggest you start at something like 50% blue and 25% white (or even less) and then bump it up 10% every week or two. I run my fixture at 100% blue and 50% white. But understand, that is after a full 3 years of slowly bumping up the power levels from the 50% blue and 25% white when I started. Put a sacrificial coral as high in the tank as your highest coral and when it starts to show signs of bleaching, dial the power back a touch and you are good to go
Dear Ron Reefman,

My tank is 72x28x28 running with Rapid Led Corona x 3 (120W each). It was fallow in few months because of aiptasia and high PO4. But when Copperbanded Butterfly came and cleaned a ton of aiptasia, I was so happy and made my tank recovered then bought the lights as I said above (I used to have T5 but no knowledge about led) There are some fishes, mushroom leather coral and zoanthids now.

My tank has no hair algae any more, even no need to clean glasses. Next week, I will add some corals. My question are:

- If I start the lights at 50% and bump up 10% every week, then after few weeks my lights will reach 100%. What happens if the new corals come when the lights at 100%? They will be burned?

- Why did you suggest too much blue?

Thanks in advance & Regards
Khanh

Tanthaitrung is offline   Reply With Quote