View Single Post
Unread 08/03/2007, 10:13 AM   #458
asnatlas
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CaveManNOhio
I've read where some are saying silicone failure, and AO should be responsible for it even under those circumstances. I would have to say I don't agree with that. That would fallback on the manufacture of the silicone. IMO
But I also think that before any us really knows what happened or why it happened, it was wrong for most of you to automatically jump on the band wagon of it being AO's fault and pretty much forcing them into a situation that is really no concern of any one other than the parties involved.(slam me if you want)

I also agree with szwab, I would consider making some changes to that stand. I think I would use nothing less that 4x4 in the corners and middle support areas and under the horizontal supports.
Also curious when you leveled it, what length level did you use.

Again I'm sorry it as turned out the way it as for you and I hope it all works out in the long run.
I don't see why 4x4 area needed, I believe a 2x4 can hold around 5k+ lbs on end or something like that... I believe that my stand is over build (not much) the way it is and that if I did 4x4s it would be more over build then others on RC with larger tanks... I am not saying my stand is perfect nor that its not cause for the problem, but I do have a few 2x6s along with with the 2x4s...

I believe it was a 5ft level that I used all over the top of the stand...