View Single Post
Unread 07/31/2018, 07:47 AM   #151
McPuff
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisterlimonpot View Post
I love the side view of my tank, I'm glad that I had the foresight to create the rock work in a way to allow a clear view of the tank from the side. That 8' depth really makes for a great view!!!
Yeah, I wish I had the 8' depth as well. That would be my idea tank actually. 8x3' footprint and about 30" tall. I think that's somewhere just above 400 gal. But that's not happening for a long while. I can't fit a tank that big down my stairs so I'd have to build a plywood tank in place. That would likely take some big modifications. Heck, even now I should have a humidity fan/vent. Instead, I rely on a mobile dehumidified though that may work better anyway, especially in the summer. Besides that, I'd need to get approval from my wife and that would be the hardest task of all. :0)

Forgot to mention that on day 10 of TTM I lost the gramma. Not sure how it happened or why. One moment it looked fine and then about two hours later it was dead and the trigger had eaten its tail. I'm sure the trigger didn't kill it but took advantage of an easy meal. No signs of illness or distress. It was strange. Bummer too as I thought it was doing quite well, eating well, didn't seem stressed. To my knowledge the trigger left it alone. Would still like to get one but will have to wait a while now until the trigger is out of QT. Perhaps I can take the opportunity to also get a blenny or two.

McPuff is offline   Reply With Quote