View Single Post
Unread 10/31/2006, 04:52 PM   #30
Chasmodes
Registered Member

Thanks for the pics ccoons43! I wonder if they need specimens? If I have extra when I collect I'd be willing to give them to the school.

The last two pics are Chasmodes bosquianus (striped blenny), which will probably be the dominant species in my tank (that is my plan anyway). Nice pics of the blenny too, probably as good as any that are on the net. Hopefully if my system is successful I'll have a male in breeding colors to post I also expect that I can get the skilletfish and the gobies to breed as well.

I was hoping to get some Hypsoblennius hentzi blennies too, but the more I read about them the more I've determined that they are probably found a bit deeper than I'd be able to collect. Maybe this will inspire me to recertify for diving after all these years since my cert expired. If I happen on some of them then that would be a bonus, but I want a tank full of striped blennies for sure.

Looks like the other types of fish that I can make out in there are banded killifish, mummichogs, spot or croakers?, small striped bass, and a toadfish. Intesting about the oyster reef, they built it like a wall. I was thinking about aquascaping the back walls in a similar way with a fake piling and a couple oyster rock islands over a sand bed. When I'm done making my DIY rock/oyster clumps I'll post a link to the pics that I'm going to post on the DIY rock thread I'm going to start making those rocks ASAP so they will be reef ready by the time my tank comes in. I need to find a supply of old oyster shells, that's my project this weekend. If I can get them quickly then I may have some time to make my first batch of rock/reef.

--Kevin Wilson

Current Tank Info: 101g 3'X3'X18" Cubish Oyster Reef Blenny tank, 36"X17"X18" sump
Chasmodes is offline   Reply With Quote