View Single Post
Unread 12/03/2017, 07:47 PM   #274
NS Mike D
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsea View Post
I removed all macro from Leng Sy ecosystem 30G refugium, laid down egg crate on top of mud and added dry rock. My friend Timfish brought me some different sponges. Also, to add biodiversity, I will add pieces of uncured live rock to this system, top and bottom.

I am leaning towards this but on a nano scale. I've been following the threads and posts by you, PaulB (who lives a corals' throw from me) Kareem, Steve Tyree and TimFish. I find a multi-zone system very interesting.

I am over ambitious attempting to keep a mixed coral nano (29 gal) with a mandarin, so it's been interesting keeping everyone happy.

I am adding a 10 gallon sump under the tank seeking a no light semi-cryptic zone in the fuge section to compliment the CPR HOB 5 gallon sump on the back which is packed with cheato and pods with a bit of sand and rubble.

I hope to remove the skimmer as I am pulling very little skimmate as it stands now. Could be all the feather duster worms and aptasia I can't reach are beating the skimmer to the job.

NS Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote