View Single Post
Unread 09/23/2016, 02:56 PM   #15
siliconinja
Registered Member

More prep work done and out of the way! The prep sink is tapcon'd into the wall for security, and plumbed in nice and clean.

All the lighting in the back room is in, adding in the switch makes all the difference. Went from one light to five.

Also used some left over plywood as mounting boards for electronics, all placed next to the new outlets added in. I placed 3 quads on their own 20a circuit, with gfi in the panel.

Also did some work on the columns. Removed the baseboard that was facing inwards towards the tank, and cut 16" of drywall out of the inside of the columns. Also removed the original header, and replaced with one that is 2.75" so it will match the chases that will be built. The chases will cover the drywall that was taken out. In this way, I'll be able to reach in through the access doors on the back of the column through to the side of the tank. I'll also be able to easily run cables from below the tank all the way up through the chases, and into the top header.

Up next: I need to order all the components and parts, then pretty much put the whole tank together and plumb it. I can't finish doing that until I receive my 16" shadow overflow from Synergy Reef the first week of November. Once the whole tank is plumbed and leak tested, I'll be able to board everything up so it looks nice and pretty! I linked up with a local millworker to match the doors and trim to the rest of the house, it should look pretty good when we're ready to fill with saltwater!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siliconinja is offline   Reply With Quote