View Single Post
Unread 10/08/2008, 03:51 AM   #11
flfireman1
Wrasse aficionado

Have a pair of bipartitus and a female meleagris for a little under 11 months. All in all Im 3 for 4 with leopard wrasse. The only loss came with a female meleagris I bought at a LFS without watching it eat. All others ate at the LFS prior to bringing them home.

No quarantine, they went straight to my 92 gallon corner reef tank.

Another important factor ( I think) is getting these fish food from the start. Most of the time they will hide for several days in the sand bed when first introduced into aquarium. But I have found that most dont hide for that long. They come out in the middle of the night, due to their internal clocks being out of whack from the trip to the LFS. Until they acclimate to whatever time schedule you have in your tank. I kept live brine on hand and fed without disturbing them as little as possible when I saw them out. Usually around 4 or 5 a.m.

These guys now eat just about everything I put in the tank to feed. Pellets, flake, and frozen. But without a doubt their favorite food is live black worms. They devour these quickly and it adds a little more interest to their food.

flfireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote