View Single Post
Unread 07/12/2018, 02:00 PM   #7
pisanoal
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom obrecht View Post
I personally use 4 Tunze in the corners as you are considering. I’ve tried many different options thru the years including the gyres and have always returned to 4 powerheads in the corners. That being said I’m not sure the units you are looking at will be enough. I’d recommend 6095’s as a minimum and lean more towards 6105’s on a controller. That’s a big chunk upfront tho. Occasionally the 6095’s and 6105’s do show up on the used forums and probably is your best bet. Good luck.

Too late... Haha. I already ordered 4 6065's. Hopefully they will be enough. I typically only run one gyre at a time at 50-60 percent, so two 6065s will be about the same if the flow rates are to be believed. Ill run all of them probably half the time and 2 the others.

Based on the flow dynamics videos BRS does, the 6065 will reach the length. 6105 would definitely have been better, but soending 1200 on powerheads wasnt in the cards for right now... For the record, I'm not arguing with your opinion, I'm more trying to convincine myself i made the right move... Haha. They will be here Friday so we will see!

Thanks for posting!

pisanoal is offline   Reply With Quote