View Single Post
Unread 02/15/2011, 11:00 AM   #17
smithj108
Registered Member

I think I am becoming more and more a fan of using acrylic framing/bracing at the two 45 edges. I feel better about having something to protect the glass edge from potential external bumps (you never know) anyways. In addition, I thought about adding another acrylic wedge on the inner side as well just to add more contact patch. I'll still look into glass beveling, but still go with this molding. That said, would silicon adhere well to internal acrylic strip (as I'm positive it would be next to impossible get a glass strip in this shape)??

More so, this acrylic fabrication should be well within my capabilities. I was thinking on going with black acrylic and black silicon. I know brace-less / trim-less tanks are the trend theses days, but it's not my preference on this style tank. It was pointed out earlier that these corners might be a nuisance to keep clean anyways, so why not hide much of it with these moldings while offering secure structural support and external protection.

Oh, I am now leaning 80% towards doing a full glass bottom. 10mm un-tempered sounds about right?

Attached Images
File Type: png 45_brace.png (7.1 KB, 41 views)
smithj108 is offline   Reply With Quote