View Single Post
Unread 02/12/2020, 11:21 AM   #7
Wind
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laverda View Post
A true juvenile should not be a male or female yet. If your surviving clown was the larger of the two it should be a female. You defiantly do not want to add one the same size, as they will fight to the death almost for sure. Adding a male should be ok but it can be hard to know if it it not a female for sure. A male will become a female in just a few days in my experience if there is no female in the tank. A juvenile is the safest to add and the only way I would ever consider adding more than one with your existing clown.

I am pretty sure the one I have remaining is a male. Juvenile wise, is it safe to assume the cluster of clowns they sell at stores are all juveniles, seeing as they have not paired off and in a ball. lol

I only assumed a fish under or around an inch to be a juvenile. I am afraid it being too small, but a smaller sized one may be safest.

Species wise, would it matter, since I cannot remember which one I have remaining. I‘m assuming it might be okay, provided it be small enough. Thanks

Wind is offline   Reply With Quote