View Single Post
Unread 04/08/2014, 03:13 PM   #1253
rigleautomotive
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useful_Idiot View Post
+1 This thread has helped me quite a bit. It's great that Dan has the ability to change only one parameter or method at a time and determine the effect on his reef. Not all of us can do that. As much as I try to keep things stable to try out a new supplement or husbandry practice something always happens and I can't pinpoint the results solely on one thing. And a great photographer to boot. Thanks for keeping this thread going and sharing your secrets!
Well it didn't happen overnight, and it was not something I planned. Sooo, keep trying to keep it as simple as possible, and observe continuously and closely with the mind set of keeping the #s in mind on any given day. And , test often with only proven kits or meters using calibration fluids to ck everything you test with. It will come if you stick it out long enough. TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Majchrzak View Post
Question: (sorry if I missed this in a previous post)
Do you add anything (calcium chloride, magnesium chloride etc)
When mixing up your INSTANT OCEAN salt mix...

Or do you tweak parameters only once water is in the aquarium?
Sorry Gary, just saw this. Yes I tweek the mix every week at time of water change. The IO I use needs a handful of CaCl and a couple handfulls of
MgCl/ MgSO4 per 55 gal drum to give me what I desire. Depending on the systems #s will determine how dense I make the WC mix. TY

TOTM December 2010
Coral Magazine Sept/Oct 2012

Current Tank Info: 180 gal SPS dominated display, 3 X 250 watt Radiums , lumenarc III minis , with VHO actinics, ETS downdraft skimmers, closed loops and 2 Tunze 6105 & 7095 controller,DIY calcium reactors DIY custom built sumps,since 1992
rigleautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote